Time for Beleza's monthly clothing sale.
Tuesday, 27 September 2011
Monday, 26 September 2011
- This instant, trans-seasonal, classic staple is a woman's best friend. The clean - lined silhouette of the dress - it falls straight from the shoulders to just above the knees - gives it an understated elegance. This is probably why Victoria Beckham seems to have made it her uniform recently. This spring must -have should be a key item in everyone's wardrobe. How to wear the shift dress:
- If you love to wear dresses, try to invest in at least more two shift dresses in different colors in your wardrobe this season. Shift dresses are available in many different solid colors and attractive or intricate patterns. Pick the color or pattern that flatters your skin tone and your body.
- You can go for a solid color such as navy blue, gray, black or other conservative shades for business wear. If the weather is cold or cool outside, you can put on a matching jacket or blazer on top of your dress to make you appear presentable in the business workplace.
- For a night wear or a party wear, you can spice up your plain shift dress with some chunky fashion accessories and get a little messy “updo” hairstyle to achieve that chic, sophisticated look.
- Adding a red colored belt on top of your solid color can also brighten up your solid color dress. However, if you wear a red belt, make sure that it matches the other accessories like shoes and a clutch.
- For a casual wear, you may like to pair up your shift dress with a cropped-style cardigan made with a light-weighted material for summer. The cropped-style cardigan will help you highlight your little shapely waist and bring out that classic yet feminine look.
- When it comes to footwear, a shift dress can be paired with almost any high-heel shoes including pump shoes and boots. You may like to go for a nice pair of lace-up high heel shoes, high heel pumps and open-toes spiked heels for a more professional and sophisticated look. While flats, gladiator sandals or slide-on sandals will make you appear more casual and give a bohemian look.
Jean Shrimpton 1971